If you're studying at one of our overseas partner universities, we offer you a chance to spend a semester or academic year studying at Bath Spa University as part of the International Exchange programme.
If your university is not on our partner list, you may still be able to join Bath Spa either as a Study Abroad or a Credit Transfer student.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you need to be registered on an undergraduate course at one of our exchange partner institutions.
You'll need to complete the following steps in order to apply:
- check that your home university has an International Exchange agreement with Bath Spa University. You need to be nominated by your home university before you can apply for the programme. Please contact the study abroad office at your home university to find out more;
- wait to hear from our International Exchange team. You'll receive an application form with further information on what to do next
- complete the exchange application form in full, with your study abroad advisor's signature on the form and submit to the International Exchange team along with the required supporting documents (please see below)by the advertised application deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
- provide an academic Letter of Recommendation from a professor at your home university
- provide us with a copy of your current transcript. You need to be in good academic standing - 3.0 GPA (minimum) or an equivalent grade;
- provide us with a copy of the photo page of your current passport.
You also need to meet our general academic and English language requirements. For most undergraduate classes, this is an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component (or equivalent).
Application deadlines 2017/18
- Applications for the fall/autumn semester or full academic year need to be submitted by May 12.
- Applications for the spring semester need to be submitted by November 1.
Here is a summary of key dates for the incoming exchange programme.
- International arrival day: 21st September 2017
- Classes begin: 2nd October 2017
- Term ends: 15th December 2017
- Departure: 16th December 2017
- International arrival day: 4th January 2018
- Classes begin: 8th January - 23rd March 2018
- Vacation: 24th March - 15th April 2018
- Classes: 16th April - 22nd June 2018
- Departure: 23rd June 2018