Amanda has worked widely in the textiles and interior design sector both with major international companies and as an independent designer-maker, consultant and project manager.
Key periods have included: Designing for Choice and Derek Healey selling designs internationally to the high-end interiors market; and Creative Direction for Harrods and Designers Guild where she contributed to colour and product collections and the internationally renowned books. Major interior design projects have included entire boutique Hotels and a National Trust estate.
As an independent designer-maker, Amanda has exhibited in and been represented at multiple trade shows and design festivals including Eindhoven and Tent, and the Crafts Council Chelsea Crafts Fair.
Teaching has included Further and Higher education nationwide as well as initiation and management of fully non-affiliated creative skills and development courses.
Amanda's work is held in worldwide collections including the European Parliament, and as been featured widely in the international press and broadcast media including Over21, Homes and Gardens and BBC Radio.
Amanda's collections were featured in the Nov Issue (16) of The Simple Things published in mid October 2013.
- BA(Hons) Winchester School of Art and Design
- BA HONS Winchester
- Co-Founder of Independent Textile Makers
- Arts Council (West Midlands ) Designer/Maker Forum
- Create :Colour Research for European Advanced Technology Employment
- The Colour Group
- The Slow Textile Group ( Profession Member )
Recent professional updating
- A selection of external Conferences/Symposium/Exhibitions etc.attended
- Paris Jan 06 Crafts Council Research into working practice of French textile designers and schools of art
- Paris Feb 06 Maison et Objet Research Interiors market
- London VandA Feb 07 Collect. Research into textile galleries worldwide.
- Birmingham Feb 07 BIAD Technology and Innovation in the Clothing Sector.
- Stoke University June 07 Pushing the Boundaries Symposium
- London. Origin 08 - Discussion on new ideas within national and international craft practice
- Pannon University, Veszprem, Hungary May 09 Communicating Colour
- London June 09 - Trend Forecasting 2010/11 Fashion and Interiors
- Trend Union Li Edlekoort - Dutch Design Week 2011
- Trip- Symposium. Loughborough University 2011 - An international symposium exploring the role and relevance of traditional hand skills in contemporary textiles, and the value and status of craft process.
- Visit New York studios 2012 - Anthropology and Eyedazzler
- Visit Japan Tokyo and Kyoto studios 2012
- Premiervision Paris 2013
- London Design Festival TENT 2013
Other external roles
- Arts Council West Midlands Advisor
Areas of expertise
- Textiles, print, embroidery, colour and interiors.
Research and academic outputs
Hare, L and Goode, A (2011) Winter. Blurb.
Goode, A (2013) Drying to know: an exhibition Of information And instruction tea towels. The Gallery, Bath School of Art and Design, 8 - 22 November 2013.
Goode, A, Johnson, S, Curtis, K, Akram, S, Cappello, F, Chambers, J, Kendall, T, Loder, C, Miles, J and Nicol, K (2011) The mantelpiece. Bath, UK, 7 - 20 November 2011.