Designed by groups of schools in partnership with Bath Spa University, our School Direct routes are a popular choice for trainee teachers.
There are two separate School Direct Training Programmes available in partnership with Bath Spa University:
- School Direct Training Programme is for high-quality graduates who want to be part of a school team from day one. You may be eligible for a bursary of up to £20,000 or a scholarship of £25,000 to support you while you train.
- School Direct Training Programme (salaried) is an employment-based route for high-quality experienced graduates with at least three years’ work experience. You will earn a salary while you train.
For 2017/18, we have spaces available with our partners on the School Direct Training Programme (non-salaried) route.
'Headteachers are confident that they gain a professional who is of high quality when they employ NQTs from Bath Spa University.'Ofsted, 2015
School Direct places are offered by a school, or group of schools, in partnership with Bath Spa University. The majority of School Direct places offered will be on the School Direct Training Programme, typically lasting one academic year on a full-time basis. This will lead to the award of a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with up to 60 level 7 credits and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
During the 2017/18 academic year Bath Spa University has offered School Direct places with the following providers:
- Backwell School
- Bristol Early Years Teaching Consortium (BEYTC): Lead schools Redcliffe Nursery & Children's Centre, St Paul's Nursery, School & Children's Centre,
- Cotswold Edge Teaching School Alliance (CETA)
- West Wilts Alliance
- The Bath & Mendip Teaching School Alliance
- Excalibur Teaching School Alliance